Health Level Seven, also known as HL7
Health Level Seven, also known as HL7, is the international standard for integration between health care software and other technologies. Your in-office or hospital electronic medical record provider meets this standard and requires any additional software or mobile technologies to meet the requirements in order to be interoperable. maxRVU Charge Capture also meets these standards, allowing us to integrate fully with whichever platform you choose. Contact your EHR company, or discuss the option with one of our representatives today.
In the medical industry, patient privacy is a top concern.
In the medical industry, patient privacy is a top concern. HIPAA compliance isn’t only necessary; it’s 100% mandatory. maxRVU is built to ensure that patient encounters are easily tracked through a mobile application and prides itself on the security measures taken to meet HIPAA compliance. Our secure server encrypts all data. You can breathe easy knowing that your patient’s privacy is well cared for.
What steps does maxRVU Charge Capture have to take to maintain HIPAA compliance? Here’s the list of the requirements and how we achieve the upmost secure standards.
- 1. Is data always encrypted as it is transmitted over the Internet?
- a. Yes. - maxRVU uses encryption over SSL for all internet transmissions.
- 2. Data is not lost, i.e. should be backed up and can be recovered?
- a. Yes. - maxRVU maintains redundant copies of all data at multiple locations.
- 3. Is only accessible by authorized personnel?
- a. Yes. - maxRVU data is controlled strictly by permission based architecture and only authorized, authenticated personnel may access the data they have rights to.
- 4. Is not tampered with or altered?
- a. Yes. - maxRVU data cannot be tampered or altered during transmission, retrieval and storage.
- 5. Should be encrypted if it is being stored or archived?
- a. Yes. - maxRVU data is encrypted in all databases and backup files.
- 6. Can be permanently disposed of when no longer needed?
- a. Yes. - maxRVU data can be completely & securely erased when no longer needed.
Did you know that email communications are subject to HIPAA regulations?
Our HIPAA compliant server protects every message sent within our messaging feature of maxRVU. Our providers have no need to risk a HIPAA breach and the fines that come along with it. Send photos of x-rays, patient charts, or screenshots of codes used to confirm with anyone within your group. Your biller can contact you directly for questions about a recent encounter, and Medical Assistants can inquire about your rounding schedule for the day. You don’t have to limit the message feature to work-related discussions. Quickly inquire about the group lunch that was being provided just in case you don’t make it in time. If you’re lucky, one of your colleagues will save you a plate because we all love a free lunch.